Project “power generator plant artist village – Kraftwerk Künstlerdorf”
1. The aim of this project is to develop the international artists in residence institution Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen Foundation to a “power generating place”
• where more energy is produced than consumed
• where the approach to create energy focuses on the aesthetic, spatial planning and environmental points of view as well as on pure technical principles and – in the end – to meld them down to an integrated task which considers the sphere of action as a whole
• where the issue of energy is considered also from an artistic setting of views and thus classifying the mental and spiritual angle of components as equal to the mere technical procedures
Artists, scientists and technicians are thus invited to develop ideas, models and devices for power generation across the usual separation of subject areas.
Innovative and sustainable methods of energy creation go together with aesthetical and artistic strategies. On this way future models and perspectives will emerge.
Common methodological denominator is the principle of creative new thinking.
2. Phases and elements of development
The project will be implemented in three steps:
• Preparation phase and collection of ideas and proposals
• Implementation phase
• Strategic development of the “power generating place”, which is located on the site of the Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen Foundation to a general “power generating field” in the entire region
This scheme is the competition entry of the Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen Foundation to the master project “Regionale 2016″.
The “Regionale 2016″ mission is to conceive structurally effective projects dealing with specific and foreword-looking questions of the development of the region. The answers are supposed to have a pilot mold for the future of countryside areas and to be transferable to other regions.